Monday 6 February 2012

Day 11

I know I said I'd stay away from game but I'm in Africa. I just couldn't help it. Especially since the rest of the dish sounded so good. I had wildebeast for lunch today. Seared rare, it came with perfectly steamed baby potatoes, sauteed pine nuts and kale, and the best part, red wine sauce with truffle oil. The wildebeast itself didn't have much flavor and was very lean.  In fact, it hurt my jaw after a while from all the chewing, but with the sauce it was great!

I read some where that the secret to great blogging is to keep it short. I'm going to try it. However, those who know me, knows that I've got the gift of gab so let's see how long this will last.

Going to Franschhoek tomorrow for lunch then off to the Stellenbosch vineyards. Franschhoek is Dutch meaning French corner for the French Huguenots that settled there around 1685. Today it's known as the food and wine heartland of South Africa.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment